Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

UNCG eNewsworthy

This past March, a representative from UNCG's IPC asked if I would write an article highlighting my time abroad and how hockey with the Manchester Metros has been a huge part of that. IPC knows of my interest in journalism and wanted to continue to give me opportunities to explore and improve on my fascination.

The article for eNewsworthy is the second article I have written this year. Earlier, UTB asked if I would illustrate the journey the Manchester Metros would take prior to leaving for the Czech Republic. The press release is highlighted on the UTB Hockey Team Facebook page and had parts translated into Czech for their local newspaper.

I include how the Metros prepared me for my study abroad experience, the duties that have bestowed upon me, the trip to Zlin, and other league highlights.

I am very grateful for all the opportunities I have been continually given to further my writing ability.

"Having the opportunity to study abroad is one thing, but it is an opportunity that needs to be fully seized. There is no better way of doing that than to be a part of club, or something you’re passionate about. To me, being abroad has been a lot about self-discovery, and I’ve learned a lot about myself through the Metros."
You can find the eNewsworthy article in its entirety at HERE.