Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

MUIHC Christmas Meal

The Manchester Metros Club Christmas dinner was held at Label on Deansgate. It included a three course meal for 14 quid -- starter, main, dessert. There were about 26 of us from the club who turned up for the festivities, all decked out in either smart attire or the classic bad Christmas jumper. And me? For some reason I have decided to go with the all out smart-casual look like I did for the Manchester Metros Varsity. Broke out the pinstriped waistcoat, my maroon trousers which matched the bow tie, and my pinstriped slippers. Had to be done.

I do believe I have spent too much time watching NBA press conferences...

On to the meal! For my starter I selected the Tomato & Jersey Cream Soup. My main, I couldn't pass up a roast turkey dinner. And for dessert I had the profiteroles. All were quite tasty, but as I am a growing boy, I REALLY wish there were bigger portions, and I know Callum Notman would echo that sentiment. Kid is a horse out there on the ice every shift.

Regardless, like any festive time, the company is what matters and none better than the folks you spend Monday nights at 2330 with for trainings. The pints were flowing, the free wine was being poured, and several laughs were shared.

Things I missed during last Christmas in America... The hats, jokes, and mini prizes from the crackers. Below Jamie Bower and Andrew Mackinnon struggle to put together a puzzle created for 5 year olds. And the "A Team Elite" pose for a photo.