Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Edinburgh Sightseeing

After spending the night at the Edinburgh Central Youth Hostel, I woke up to do some sightseeing in Edinburgh.

Of course I had to hobble around on one good leg after taking a bullet of slapshot to the side of the leg during the game the previous night.

Edinburgh was definitely a breath-taking city as it is composed of the Old Town and the New Town. The architecture was absolutely fantastic especially for how long the buildings had been there. I visited the common places such as St. Giles Cathedral, Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, Scott Monument.

At one end of the Royal Mile sits Holyrood Palace, which has been standing since the 15th century when King James the IV ordered the construction of the palace. At the opposite end stands Edinburgh Castle. Edinburgh Castle sits atop the volcanic Castle Rock. Edinburgh Castle, or a castle of any form has been situated there since the 12th Century under King David I.

For all Harry Potter fans, you will notice The Elephant House photo. The Elephant House is of course where J.K. Rowling sat down to begin writing the, soon to be famous worldwide, adventures of Harry, Ron, and Hermione.


Let it be known that the Gunn clan in Scotland dates back to at least the 14th Century, if not earlier. I know my Grandpa is proud knowing his family bear his last name, so I thought it fitting to include this.

Second I know my Grandma (Watson) wanted me to think about her as I went to Scotland, and here for the record, I definitely did think of her as I walked about.

For full photo album, feel free to visit my Facebook page!

Also, for inside views of St. Giles Cathedral, those photos on my Facebook as well.