Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Trogir, Croatia

Wednesday's weather was a continuation from Tuesday's.
It was about 22C at noon. Perfect shorts and t-shirt weather.
I had decided the night before I was going to visit Trogir.



Trogir is a small town 27km (17 mi) west of Split.
The city center is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The area of Trogir was first settled in the 3rd Century BC.



I arrived in Trogir via coach (21kn; £3; $4) around 2PM.
I hadn't planned to spend much time in Trogir as the off-season keeps the city quiet.
But I felt it important enough not to miss.







I returned back to Split after a few hours as Trogir is easy to see in a short amount of time.
I had yet to try anything from the famous Hajduk ice cream shop, so that was top of my list.
(Of course, named after Split's beloved football team, HNK Hajduk.)
I got plain chocolate out of the many choices they had.



I turned in early, but not after visiting the newest favorite pizza shop of mine, Veneranda.
Veneranda is located right along the main Riva and is quick service.
The staff are friendly and want to get their pizza into your hands, no strings attached.
They offer a variety of different toppings from basic pepperoni to vegetables.
Again, like everything you will find in Split, very reasonably priced.

What makes the location of Split great, is how easily accessible the rest of the country is.
Destinations are just coach journeys away & are reasonably priced.
During the tourist season, coaches run frequently to surrounding cities.
Notable visiting places include Šibenik, Trogir, Zadar, Omiš, Dubrovnik, Mostar (B&H).