Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Goodbye Mill Point

Saturday saw the end of my contract at Mill Point. It has been a fantastic place to call home for the last 10 1/2 months. I have met several great folk via Mill Point that I will consider friends for life. Overall I am thankful for their hospitality. I absolutely loved the en-suite experience as my room had its own signature personality.

Following the conclusion at Mill Point I've enjoyed wonderful nights with hockey friends, Brumby x2. Chris and John welcomed me into their home before I made the transfer to the quaint Cheadle on Tuesday.

Sunday night saw one of my most productive in a Manchester Metros uniform as the team beat Aardvarx A, 9-5, in a friendly in Blackburn. It was convincing win that saw the line combination of Gunn-Brown-Etherington combine for 8 goals from textbook passing.

I have one more run-out in a Metros jersey on Friday night at Deeside versus the Blackpool Seagulls. Every "end" has been a tremendous honor as I look back on my year abroad as a truly successful experience. It includes being top points scorer across Div 1 North & South, a Cup Competition Title, a BUIHA Playoff Championship, a poetry collection, visits to 8 countries, and several great friendships. Oh, and I learned a lot in my lectures!

The last week in the UK will be great!