Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Metros Swansong

I concluded my Metros career this past Friday in a 4-6 loss to Blackpool Seagulls. It was a trial of a game that saw us fall behind, catch up, only to fall behind shortly after. Definitely frustrating, but the effort needed to pursue a victory was there. We just came up a few minutes too short. Blackpool fielded an experienced team that passed the puck with great speed. The Metros fielded a mixed team of A-C players.

As a final outing, win or lose, I wanted to go down fighting. I netted my first off a rebound on the back post as I fired into the gaping net. My second followed from another rebounded that I snuck thru the goalie's pads. Finishing off a stellar year, I completed my second hat-trick off a rebound from a shot from the point.




The three tallies totaled to nine goals and four assists in the last three friendly matches-- excluding the Clermont trip. Throughout the BUIHA Cup Competition I notched a total of 14 points (7 goals, 7 assists) in seven games. The 8th game vs. Sheffield was forfeited due to no game sheet being turned in. I was proud to be a part of the most productive line-- the three of us in the top 10 in Division 1 North, 1st, 5th, and 8th.

Without question, the 2012/13 Manchester Metros campaign was a tremendous success. Each game was met with the common goal to perform at the highest level possible.