Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm out of Frosties D:

Headed up to the Arndale in the centre of Manchester today.
I've probably ended up there almost daily since I arrived.
Great place. Loads of shops and such.

Few awesome facts I guess for the Arndale:
It is the largest inner-city shopping centre in the UK with 240+ shops.
And it has a square footage of just under 1.5 million square feet (not including the dept. stores).
There are just under 1,500 parking spaces in the multi-storey parking deck.

www.manchesterarndale.com

I enjoy Southern Elven in the food court which is the English take on the food of the American South. It includes brisket, pulled pork, chicken, ect. But what cracks me up is ordering from Pizza Hut and getting chips as my side item. They really do give you chips with everything here.

Alex (The Russian), Ravi, Dom, Pod, and I went up to the "13th" floor of the Arndale parking lot for some scenic photos.
If the sun wasn't so bright, the Manchester version of the London Eye would be seen clearer in the background.

(Not picture would be Ravi)

Dom took me to Selfridges which is quite the posh store.
Up on the 3rd floor they had a small "American" product section of various American treats.
Won't be buying anything from there.
That is unless I wish to spend £4.99 on 8 Poptarts or £7.49 for a box of Lucky Charms.
They DID have a great deal on those Lucky Charms though! --> 2 boxes for
£10. -__-

Selfridges also sold some top of the line clothing.
Like a jacket for
£605.
So mom... I will be needed more money as it was a jacket I couldn't pass up.



Kidding.

Booked my Old Trafford tour tickets for tomorrow. Tour starts bright and early at 10:40AM.
Which is normally when I'm just starting to wake up. It'll be worth it. Many photos to come!