Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Three days into...

... post undergraduate life and I'm certainly putting that English degree to work. Only up from here.

Day 1: Friday was spent putting my family on a train as they began their journey back to America -- one I will soon make myself for a short hiatus from the grey skies. Although, the weather for the entire duration of their stay was fantastic and I couldn't have been more displeased. The heat was sweltering and I can only imagine what it will be like upon my own arrival on Wednesday into Charlotte International. As far as preparation goes, I guess England is doing its best. Friday also consisted of an unexpected nap, most likely stemming from the state of exhaustion my parents left me with after their departure. The nap had nothing to do with the previous night's celebrations that saw me waiting inside a Burger King at 3 a.m. for Tommy Gunn and Ste Chorlton. The two insisted on having an extended heart-to-heart life conversation.

Day 2: Saturday was spent showcasing the latest in fashion trends America has to offer. I helped a few of my housemates paint a considerable amount of the house. The above photo shows off not only my painting excitement, but also gives everyone a glance at my mark on the fashion world. What more can I say than I have such a next-level fashion sense. Note: a pair of plaid boxer shorts over my Yankee baseball shorts as not to get paint on them and a really ugly t-shirt that I got free at UoM's Sports Fair back in September. Everyone should jump on board the bandwagon as this style is clearly about to take off.

Day 3: Today has been about organising my room in preparation for my departure. I'm odd. I like knowing things are in perfect placement when I'm away. Safe to say, Wednesday is fast approaching. Then, I will make the 3,852 mi journey back to Cornelius where I will undoubtedly shower myself with Panera Bread, Steak n Shake, Sonic, PF Changs, gigantic pizza slices, and trips to Rusty Rudder. I've not sniffed my bed back home since the first week of January and I know for a fact I will be sleeping on the couch most of my visit -- yet it is my belief I have the comfiest bed in the house. 

Here's to waking up at 9 a.m. and watching Sportscenter from then until 2 p.m., Highly Questionable at 4 p.m., and home cooked meals.
----
Edit note: Now, as this sort of ends another calendar year of this blog, I would like to take a moment to thank everyone, new and regular, who has taken a moment to stop by and read a post, a half of a post, or a fourth of a post. Stay tuned for some Stateside posts, which I've never done actually. It is kind of strange when going home feels like a holiday.