Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Boxing Day

I spent my first Boxing Day at friend's of Katy's parents.
But I'd say it was basically a second day of Christmas. xD
Katy drove Patrick & I over to Addlestone, just a half hours' drive.

When we arrived I was introduced to everyone and everyone seemed very nice!
I was conned into have a tequila shot as it was customary to have one with the host.
That shot would be the first bit of alcohol I would taste in my life.
And I will say, it was bloody awful.
I was a bit disappointed in myself for going along.
But hey, I can say I'm a part of the percentage that went the first 21 years of life obeying the law, which I am very proud of.
Life lesson learned.



Continuing on...
The table was set as it was on Christmas Day at Katy's parents.
I love the little popper thingies you get!
Inside is a terribly cheesy joke and a 'gag' gift.



Gemma had prepared a huge chicken & prawn curry for the main course.
I don't remember the names of the food we had as an appetizer though...
And yes, the green bit is in fact spinach. I had spinach, something I don't say often.



After the dessert of Christmas pudding and chocolate tart, we all headed into the living room.
Much like the day before, everyone opened their presents.
I received fancy socks, Monty Python movies, and a box of chocolates.



Once presents were opened, we had a game of pop quiz! :]
And to say the least, I was awful.
Mainly because it was all British trivia questions.

I would like to thank Chris & Gemma for being great hosts!
The food was delicious and I can't wait to indulge in the Guylian chocolates you gave me! :]

I've really enjoyed the holiday season here in England.
It is much different from the traditional holiday back home.
I hope to bring several aspects to Christmases back at home in the US!

- - -

Much like the NBA and Christmas go together, football and Boxing Day go hand in hand as well.
There were 7 Premier League, 12 Championship, and many other matches on.
Southampton was playing Crystal Palace, and all I wanted was a win!
Boy, did they deliver! A 2-0 victory that extends their lead atop the Championship table by 3 points, thanks to a West Ham draw against Birmingham.
I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my Jack Cork kit that will be arriving at Mackinnon's house sometime soon. :]

- - -

Here is my favorite Christmas carol that I've heard since being here.
It is regarded as the best Christmas song of all time by different media outlets in the UK.
The Pogues released this beauty in 1987.