Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

An English Christmas

I celebrated my very first 'English' Christmas today :]
We [cousin, his wife, and I] set off with presents & all for Katy's parent's house around 10.30.
I was dressed in my Southampton finest. Come on you reds!

Katy's parents had a lovely tree set up with festive carols playing.
I was very excited for the Christmas dinner as I had heard a lot about it.
Two family friends who would be joining us for the feast arrived around noon.



Upon our arrival, Katy's mom served us tea/coffee and Yule Log.
Tasted fantastic!



After the Yule log, we opened presents!
I would like to thank everyone for everything! :D
I really appreciated it :].
Here are Patrick & Katy modeling their onesies xD



While waiting for the Brussels sprouts to be ready, we opened the small presents Father Christmas left for everyone. I happened to receive table football. :D

Katy and Helmet having an intense game of table football:



The feast was read around 2ish and boy, was I ready to eat!
Paul and Pushpa had prepared turkey, Yorkshire pudding, sprouts, red cabbage, parsnips, roasted potatoes&carrots, and cauliflower-- all of course were delicious.



Once we were all stuffed we headed into the living room to "bet" on dog racing.
It was an interactive DVD game.
I've learned that I am terrible at choosing a dog to bet on.
Although I did select one winner!

We returned back into the dinning room for dessert!
Helmet's wife prepared a fresh apple crumble-- was delicious.
There was also a Christmas pudding, which I found to be a bit too bitter for my liking.
Though, I was the lucky finder of a quid lodged in my pudding!

After dessert and tea, it was back into the living room to finish off the evening.
We switched from dog racing to horse racing on the DVD.
And my luck was even worse until I picked Getting Hitched to win in the last race.

All in all, I enjoyed my very first Christmas abroad!
I hope everyone was good and got what they wanted! :]
I wish everyone a very Happy Christmas!

PS - the greatest discovery since arriving has been Cadbury chocolate.
My obsession for Cadbury has not gone unnoticed.
So for that, Katy purchased me a "not so normal" Cadbury chocolate bar.
Literally, it is twice the size of my head and then some.
Talk about a chocolate bar and a half. :'D