Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Shopping in London

Well, Christmas is very much upon us all!
And with the help of a fellow Metros hockey club member, I safety ventured into London to finish off my Christmas shopping. Finish/start, the word is really interchangeable for my Christmas shopping habits as I like to wait till the last minute.
But of course I won't say what I got because that would just ruin the surprise!

Weather Forecast?
To be honest, I misjudged the weather by miles.
Not a cloud in the sky, and a sweltering heat wave.
The sun was just bearing down on not only Woking, but London as well.

Once I arrived in London, I emerged out of Waterloo to the picturesque sight of Big Ben.
I couldn't go into London without an updated photo of Big Ben overlooking the Thames!
Everytime I see Big Ben, it is a reminder of how far I have come from home.



After I navigated myself from Waterloo to Oxford Circus (West End of London), I was able to connected with the first of the friends I would be meeting up with.

To say the least, London was bustling with Christmas-goers and every store was decorated for the season. I couldn't pass up not going into the Disney Store which was very festive :D.







Not only were stores decorated, but Christmas lights were hung throughout the city.
It was a sight I had been looking forward to see.



Link
I was taken to the Liberty department store.
Liberty is a popular stop in the West End, which was established in 1875.
The store has grown to become one of London's most renowned stores.
Liberty had a huge selection of Christmas decorations amongst other things.
Feel free to look at their online catalog at www.liberty.co.uk/.
I was also brought to Piccadilly Circus, a large shopping district also in London's West End.

There were many street performers.
I was particularly impressed with this group of steel drummers.
Take a listen!