Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Artery Foundation European Tour 2011

Just in from seeing another fantastic show in Manchester:

Sound Control was hosting the 2011 Artery Foundation European Tour.
The tour package featured headliner Miss May I and co-headliner Chelsea Grin.
The supporting acts for the tour were Canadian band Abandon All Ships and Chunk! No Captain Chuck.

Set the stage:

Prior to going, I first had to see if they had tickets... I dropped by Sound Control prior to my 2pm lecture&seminar. Not only did I find out they still had tickets, but I also met 2 very nice individuals from Birmingham who had been waiting since 11.30am (Doors weren't until 7.30pm). That's dedication.

One of the ladies also gave me a confidence boost commenting "your accent is amazing."
Its a real treat to have this accent, whatever accent it may be. :']

Their dedication almost made me late to my lecture. :X

Right. To the show:

Chunk! No Captain Chuck (from Paris, France) were unfamiliar to me prior to the night but after the show, they proved to be a very good bunch of musicians.

I was very keen to see Abandon All Ships. Always been a fan of'em and they did enjoy my singing. My throat will be feeling it tomorrow morning...
They didn't disappoint at all and I recommend seeing them.

Chelsea Grin is always fantastic as I'd seen them previously before.
Although... I was pretty upset that PF Chang was nowhere to be found.
Chelsea Grin with 3 guitars > Chelsea Grin with 2 guitars

I'd never seen Miss May I live but they too were good.
They get a bit monotonous, but they kept the crowd going for the whole set.

I credit the following photos to my bad photography...

Abandon All Ships:


Chelsea Grin:


Miss May I: