Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Final night of trials:

Finished up trials for the Manchester Metros last night...
Another great showing by everyone, which was a solid 30+ skaters.
I started out a bit too strong without a proper warmup. -_-
Had to come off with cramping in my legs.
I think my lack of sleep the previous night and lack of quality food attributed to them.
None the less, Wilson had me back up and running with a Mars bar.
After a few 2v2 drills, it was a short 5v5 scrimmage.
I gave a nice good hit on a player contending for a spot on the A squad so that felt good.

The last bit of trials will take place on Friday, 14/10 at Deeside, Wales.
It is going to just be a scrimmage game to get names inked onto teams.
I'm really looking forward to it!
Stay tuned to the Metros website for official team postings.
^ Hopefully that happens soon after.

And of course the most important part:
Following practice, Shayne had the great idea to stop off at Rusholme Chippy.
Can never have enough Rusholme Chippy.


Shayne in his natural habitat @ Rusholme Chippy.