Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Warner Bros Studios Tour London



After only recently finding out about Warner Bros Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter thru Facebook, I was quick to find out dates that tickets would be available, costs, and when the attraction would be opening. The attraction is set to open on 31 March 2012 with the first tour groups going that day.

Tickets went on sale Thursday morning, (13 Oct) at 9am.
By 9am the site had crashed as it was overloaded with people looking to buy tickets also.
Most people had a problem opening the calendar to select a date. I too had this problem.
At one point I was able to bring up the calendar but upon changing the date, the calendar shut off giving me a site error message.
I continued refreshing the page, second after second to no avail.
But after 54 agonizing minutes, I beat the site error.
I really was not thinking outside of, "MUST. GET. TICKET."
The date the calendar popped up with was the date I went with.
As I filled out the details, all I hoped was the site lasted long enough for me to purchase.
Thankfully it did and I was able to purchase my individual ticket for Monday, April 2nd.
The 2nd will be the Studios 3rd day of tours following its opening on the 31st of March.


The Making of Harry Potter tour will include seeing first hand and having the ability to walk on many of the iconic sets Potter fans have come to know over the last 10 years (The Great Hall, Dumbledore's Study, the Gryffindor Common Room, ect). There will also be an array of props and costumes used during filming. Typing it as words, it is difficult for me to think how big it is, but I'm sure the magnitude of it will hit me once I arrive.

Warner Brothers Studios is located outside of Watford, Hertfordshire in Leavesden, which lies northwest of London. I will of course be smack dab in the middle of my Easter holiday, (which runs 23 March - 16 April), but wherever I am, I shall be arriving an hour early to Leavseden.

I'm looking forward to the magical adventure!

For more information on the tour visit the official WBS Harry Potter Tour London site:
http://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/